Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SKratzTS
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Steve Kratz

Support for replicating an imported repository?

Post by SKratzTS »

We have a setup where the company I work for is a parent company to several other entities. Our IT handles their servers, backups, etc. The boss has me pushing "backup copy" jobs from the child companies to storage we have here. That part's set up, working well.

We also want to push the last couple backups to a remote location we own (Windows server with a SAN colocated). We're able to push backup copies from OUR jobs over to that location, but there's no way I can see to send the child company backups over to that location.

(I realize that I could just have multiple backup copy jobs and send the child co's data directly to the colo, but several of them have TERRIBLE upload speeds, and it's a chore just getting one off-site to finish each week.

Any ideas?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Support for replicating an imported repository?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Steve,

So you would like to have an ability to use backup copy jobs as a source for other backup copy jobs? Did I get it right? What are the retention policy requirements for the second remote location?

Thanks!
Daniel S
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Daniel Mare

Post by Daniel S »

I have the same question. On-site backups from multiple locations get copied to a central offsite backup location, but I'd also like a further offline "air-gapped" copy. The backup copy job wizard allows addition of source virtual machines from infrastructure, backups and jobs. However, none of those options include the imported backups on the offsite machine that originate from the other on-site Veeam servers' backup jobs.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Have tried performing this trick?