Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
neilpotter
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Neil Potter

SureBackup errors Configuring DC

Post by neilpotter »

I've setup a simple SureBackup job in our single network production environment. I've added my DC VM into the Application group and set it as DHCP, DNS, and DC.

When I run the SureBackup job I get an error on the DC of "Configuring DC: Error: impossible to configure windows registry" and after a while the job will fail Powering On (even though I can see that the VM has powered up ok in the console).

Is there a better log where I can see what might be happening, and where would it be? Or any other clues as to what might be happening?

The disk is a Basic Disk, and the Veeam services run as the domain admin, so I can't work out what else may be the issue.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: SureBackup errors Configuring DC

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Do you have a remote access to the registry of this DC VM?
neilpotter
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Neil Potter

Post by neilpotter »

If I connect to the DC from regedit on the backup server, I can see HKLM and HKU, but not HKCR, HKCU or HKCC.
Is this what you mean?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, during SureBackup of the DC VM, Veeam backup server should have access to the registry of that VM. If it fails to modify it, the entire job fails. Can you open a support case and check out the debug logs for more info on the issue?