Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jlo
Influencer
Liked: never

SureBackup how to select backup date

Post by jlo »

I'm trying to create a Virtual Lab with several VMs. Target to duplicate a production environment in an isolate environment.

I need the backup of the VMs of an exact date in the past (lets say 1 Apr 2020). But I can't find any place that let me select the *date* during the create of "Application Groups", "Virtual Labs" and "SureBackup Job".

When create "Application Groups - Add VM". It ask for select the VM from a backup job. The VM shows "Last restore point" and "Restore points count". But it just restore the VM of the last day backup.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: SureBackup how to select backup date

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I cannot find a question, but I guess you are looking for the "start to..." option for the SureBackup job?

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=100

Best regards,
Hannes
jlo
Influencer
Liked: never

Post by jlo »

Thanks HannesK. I think "Start to..." can do what I want.
Although one of the restored VM which is an "AD" is not functioning said "the specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Check out this quick Domain Controller Restore blog post to get an overview of Active Directory recovery with Veeam. Depending on backup job settings error above can be quite expected, as by default Veeam uses non-authoritative DC recovery.
/Cheers!