Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
LinkeLoe
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Leo Schroer

SureBackup job "performing restore tasks"

Post by LinkeLoe »

Hi,

I am using Veem B&R 7.0.0.871 and I have created a virtual lab and a SureBackup Job to restore Active Directory items. This is running fine, but only if I want to restore from the latest restore point. I have now started a virtual lab from an earlier restore point, but the virtual lab won't become available. It's hanging on "preparing" for over an hour now.

When I open the Surebackup job, I can see it is running, heartbeat and ping tests are successfull, the domain controller VM is running and I can access this VM using the masqueraded IP address. The last entry in the Surebackup session log is "performing restore tasks". The duration of these restore tasks is over an hour and it keeps on counting.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal behaviour, if I choose an earlier restore point to run the virtual lab? Are there any log files I can check to see if anything else goes wrong?

Thanks...
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: SureBackup job "performing restore tasks"

Post by foggy »

Leo, I recommend contacting support, debug logs should tell the exact operation the job stucks on.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: SureBackup job "performing restore tasks"

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Leo,

As a workaround try to use Instant VM Recovery to move the data back to production storage.
Also Veeam Explorer for Active Directory will be a really useful tool for your situation. It`s a part of our new release Veeam B&R v8.
If you have problems with recovery, please contact Veeam support team to review your logs. If you do, it would be nice to provide a support case number to the forum topic, so we can follow your issue.

Thanks.