Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
roychan
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Roy Chan

Surebackup Job Setup problem

Post by roychan »

I have created Application Group and Virtual Lab, and then I created a SureBackup Job.
I select an application group and link backup jobs in the Job Settings. The job state shows "Ready" and won't stop. I need stop it manually.
If I either select an application group and link backup jobs, the stop can run and stop successfully.

I'm wondering if I can't select both settings in the backup job.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Surebackup Job Setup problem

Post by foggy »

Roy, do you mean that if you specify both App group and backup job while configuring your SureBackup job, then after being performed the job needs to be stopped manually, but if you specify either App group or backup job (only one of them), it stops automatically?

If yes, what about the 'Keep the application group running once the job completes' check box? Is it selected in either case?
roychan
Lurker
Full Name: Roy Chan

Post by roychan »

Hi Foggy,

I didn't select the checkbox "'Keep the application group running once the job completes". If i select both "Application Group" and "Link Backup Jobs", the Job status will stay at "Ready". I need right-click the job and click "Stop" manually.
iroche
Enthusiast
Full Name: Ian Roche

Post by iroche »

I had the same iss see the link below:
Surebackup query
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Roy, it seems that some sort of issue takes place here, which needs to be investigated more deeply. Normally, this functionality was intended to be used with both application group specified and backup job linked in the job settings and it was tested so and used by many customers this way. But we see another behavior in several cases, so I would appreciate if you kindly open a support case for this so we could find out the reason and address it somehow. Please provide the case ID here, if you do. Thanks.