Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Khue
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

SureBackup - SureBackup Jobs Fail Out

Post by Khue »

Hey all,

I am doing some backup and restore testing. I am using SureBackup to accomplish this. My backup proof of concept simply revolves around powering up the VM from backup and taking a screen cap of the server manager with a current system log. While this doesn't really test whether or not the application layer is functional, it is good enough for my restore testing. Due to the speed and performance of the storage I am running SureBackup from (DD2200 and a DD2500) the logon process takes a bit of time and the SureBackup job eventually times out with the error message: "Error Error: Results: OS did not boot in the allotted time"

I believe this indicates that the type of script/role I chose for the Application Group failed the test script for startup. I have created a custom script to try and fix this as one of the servers I am trying to test is a file server but it doesn't seem to be working. I am currently using:

Code: Select all

%vm_ip% 445
Is there anyway for it to bypass the test script and just let the VM run so I can use the vSphere client console to pull my screen shot?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: SureBackup - SureBackup Jobs Fail Out

Post by foggy »

Does the VM actually boot up so you can see the logon screen in the console when error is logged? If not, have you tried increasing the timeouts in the application group settings to allow more time for it to get there?
Khue
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Post by Khue »

I have increased the startup time from the default 600 to 2400. I have not modified the application initialization time out. I am not sure what that does. I have also tried unchecking "VM heartbeat is present" and "VM responds to ping on any network interface."
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

I have not modified the application initialization time out. I am not sure what that does.
It's time SureBackup job waits before proceeding to script testing.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

As a workaround, you can right-click the VM in the SureBackup job session and start it to make a screenshot.