Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Andy_LD
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Andrey Komissarenko

[Feature request] Tenant backup speed throttling.

Post by Andy_LD »

Hi team,

I had support ticket 04753767 recently. It was explained that a tenant has the default throttling which is about 50 MB/s. The throttling can be changed with the registry key.

Warning: It is strongly recommended to consult with Veeam technical support before applying the registry key. Otherwise use it at your own risk.

Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication\
Type: REG_DWORD
Name: VcdBackupQuantSizeMb
Default value: 512

I would appreciate if this setting would be added to the tenant configuration menu of the Enterprise Manager or at least mentioned in the user guide. Thanks in advance!
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: [Feature request] Tenant backup speed throttling.

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for the request.

First of all, I should say that we do not list registry keys in the user guide. Most of them must be applied only if our technical support advises doing so as there might be reasons not to apply them.

We'll discuss if it's possible to get this setting in the UI.

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: [Feature request] Tenant backup speed throttling.

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

This value is implemented in order to avoid overload of infrastructure that multiple simultaneous tenant activities might cause. You can find some explanation of this behaviour here. So, it's a safety mechanism that might be tweaked via registry.

Also, are you a Service Provider? If so, please, apply to Veeam Cloud Provider group, using User Group settings in the User Control Panel. This is needed to get access to dedicated cloud providers' forum where similar questions are discussed.

Thanks!