I wanted to test and tinker with 9.5. My plan is to test and compare it to our production server prior to actually loading it into production. We do this with all of the Veeam updates and patched.
I built a clean/fresh VM of Win2016 Server and fully patched it. I then installed 9.5 with base defaults. The machine is not on the domain and is basically just a stand-alone server. I am logged in as the local Administrator account and this is the account that I used to install 9.5.
When I try to launch Backup&Recovery, I get an error:
"Failed to connect - No connection made because the target machine actively refused it".
Service is running. Machine was rebooted. This is as basic and plain as it gets.