Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mckenzieaj
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Andrew McKenzie

Testing Exchange mailbox restores

Post by mckenzieaj »

At risk of sounding like someone who is still learning the ins and outs of the B&R product :)

I am testing the restore of exchange mailboxes use the V5 AIR Exchange wizard.

the wizard creates the virtual lab request which ends up in the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager queue for approval.

When I go and approve it, it wants me to nominate the VM (which I did) and then it asks for the surebackup job I need to use. This, I assume, means I need to go back and create a surebackup Application group and job (and start it) back in the B&R product before I do AIR restores?

I thought I had seen a video where all the relevant bits were automatically created to do this sort of a restore.

I suspect I have just plain missed some stuff, in the manual, the video content I have seen, or both.

On a related tangent, if I wanted to automatically skip the approval process for the virtual lab in the future, how might I configure that?

Thanks
Andrew McKenzie
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Testing Exchange mailbox restores

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Andrew,

All your questions have already been answered in a sticky F.A.Q. topic, please check it out: [FAQ] v5 : Frequently Asked Questions > Answers

Hope this helps!
mckenzieaj
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Andrew McKenzie

Re: Testing Exchange mailbox restores

Post by mckenzieaj »

hmmmm.... -1 for my reading prowess. had looked through the FAQ and somehow missed that. thanks for the pointer and apologies for the waste of letters!

(I am told that next time I should have a woman's look :)

Cheers
Andrew