Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
clintbergman
Service Provider
Liked: 60 times
Full Name: Clint Bergman

Thank you, Gostev

Post by clintbergman » 58 people like this post

This is simply a public thank you to you, Gostev, for the time and effort you put into the weekly digest emails. It seems, from the last digest, that you get some hate now and again for telling things as they are. Your style and communications through your weekly emails have been invaluable to me for years now. Your contributions to the community every week are one of the reasons that I hold Veeam in high esteem. Don't let the cranks and trolls get you down. Thank you, Gostev, keep it up.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Thank you, Gostev

Post by Gostev » 14 people like this post

Thanks for your kind words Clint. Now I have something to send to our Alliance folks, most of whom hate my guts for having to deal with a fallout from these digests almost every Monday ;)
mkretzer
Veeam Legend
Liked: 388 times

Post by mkretzer » 5 people like this post

I 100 % concour - the digest is a very nice way to start the week! I do not know any other company doing something in this form!

Thank you Anton!!!
gtelnet
Service Provider
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: GregT

Post by gtelnet » 3 people like this post

Agreed. Just finished reading this week's digest. Invaluable information, starlight from the top. Don't ever let them make you stop!
stahly
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: stahly

Post by stahly » 2 people like this post

Best newsletter all over the world! Keep it up!
real_tarantoga
Enthusiast
Liked: 15 times

Post by real_tarantoga » 2 people like this post

I do completely agree. The newsletter is a useful and substantly rich addon I don't want to miss!
While reading the today's newsletter concerning S3 and its great future ;) I thougt to thank You for all this technical, but also almost philosophical input.

Thank You!
Stefan
cjansson
Lurker
Full Name: AB Munkforssågar

Post by cjansson » 2 people like this post

clintbergman wrote: Nov 22, 2021 4:02 pm This is simply a public thank you to you, Gostev, for the time and effort you put into the weekly digest emails. It seems, from the last digest, that you get some hate now and again for telling things as they are. Your style and communications through your weekly emails have been invaluable to me for years now. Your contributions to the community every week are one of the reasons that I hold Veeam in high esteem. Don't let the cranks and trolls get you down. Thank you, Gostev, keep it up.
Same here. Could not agree more. Keep up the good work Gostev! Thanks!
Take Care!
Christer
Markus M.
Enthusiast
Liked: 18 times

Post by Markus M. » 3 people like this post

As one of the many silent readers of your digest, I also do want to thank you for the insight views into the future of Backup with Veeam.
While reading "The Word from Gostev" in the header, perceiving it as the (Veeam) "World from Gostev" - Perfect!
jmm
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: JMM

Post by jmm » 2 people like this post

Your letter is is my Monday favorite reading with coffee ! Your points of views are always great guidelines !
Thank you so much !
cdubus
Service Provider
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: CEDRIC DUBUS

Post by cdubus » 3 people like this post

You remain my 1st Monday reading.
Always technically interesting and which makes us move forward in our thinking.
Many thanks Anton!
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 180 times
Full Name: Michael

Post by mcz » 3 people like this post

Big thank you from my side, Anton! Your words are always an inspiration for thinking outside of the box and about circumstances I haven't considered yet. Great effort, great value, great content! This is the new 3G ;)
ITP-Stan
Service Provider
Liked: 55 times
Full Name: Stan (IF-IT4U)

Post by ITP-Stan » 2 people like this post

Not only does the digest contain important Veem related news or facts, often it also contains some important IT related things that I had not known about yet.
I think the weekly digest is the best "newsletter" I get in my mailbox.
Eric_Cartman
Influencer
Liked: 9 times

Post by Eric_Cartman » 3 people like this post

One of the few newsletter I take time to read carefully - thank you very much for your detailed information about Veeam and the rest of the IT world...
Great job, I / We really appreciate it!
stfconsulting
Service Provider
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: S Furman

Post by stfconsulting » 3 people like this post

Agreed very much. I read this carefully every week and truly appreciate the time you take to write this.
lucius_the
Enthusiast
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: David

Post by lucius_the » 2 people like this post

clintbergman wrote: Nov 22, 2021 4:02 pm This is simply a public thank you to you, Gostev, for the time and effort you put into the weekly digest emails. It seems, from the last digest, that you get some hate now and again for telling things as they are. Your style and communications through your weekly emails have been invaluable to me for years now. Your contributions to the community every week are one of the reasons that I hold Veeam in high esteem. Don't let the cranks and trolls get you down. Thank you, Gostev, keep it up.
I couldn't agree more, every word here is in place. The type of communication you provide is invaluable. In good part this is for the blanket style you use in you communication, bringing truths and insight.

I would add that, in an IT world where everything is being turned upside down, with the new trend of political correctness poisoning happening in IT (although another topic, but a serious one and somewhat tangent to this), where even lying is making it's way to become tolerable - your digest is kind of a light beacon. Not only because of all insight you bring about many IT technology implementation details, but in a broader sense too. Your writing helps to remind us, along the way, that we in IT are technology people, after all. We should operate more like engineers/scientists. Technology people, IT people and scientists are truth seekers. Most of us are no fans of political correctness. We value when information is delivered in a certain style, unencumbered by PC and corporate BS. Your digest is the best example of how to do it right, at least for this target audience. I would like to see a lot more of such communication happening in IT circles, in general. Truth is the opposite is is happening. But, at least not in your digest.

I think these other points are an additional reason someone should be subscribed to your digest. Even when I don't find some interesting piece of technology puzzle in your newsletter, something where that I had my doubts about but didn't have it completely solved, I still like to read your digest, simply because I find that someone else is reasoning the same way I am - and that alone makes me feel better on Monday morning. Seeing that not everyone in IT has gone completely downhill. Maybe I went a little bit too far with this observation (perhaps I'm just not reading enough of the quality digests like this one), but I'm certain I'm not the only one feeling this way.

Btw: if anyone has hints about other newsletters or digests similar to this one, please let me know !
As for Gostev, a big thank you - and don't let anyone change your tune.

P.S. Your tune is well balanced, doesn't cross any lines really -> I'm not an advocate of "full Linus Torvalds communication style", mind you - The Word has a nice balance, it identifies curlpits and brings important information over, with as little offending as possible. It's well balanced. It should only motivate occasional offenders to make better. And that's something we should all focus on more in IT, generally. When someone finds themselves offended... they should first double-check if they are approaching the issue from a purely technological/engineering/IT standpoint, because most of the time they aren't. But sometimes you have to point a finger to where the problem is, I don't know why this became unacceptable in todays world. It seems the moment you do that, you get red flags. In science, engineering and technology it shouldn't be so.
candersoncch
Novice
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Chris Anderson

Post by candersoncch » 2 people like this post

I concur. I wish every company I dealt with was so open about things.
cerberus
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Mirza

Post by cerberus » 1 person likes this post

Agreed very much, thank you Gostev. I always start my week by reading your newsletter first.
SidWise
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Simon Cutts

Post by SidWise » 1 person likes this post

I agree. I started out just reading the insightful posts, now a customer.
graymalkin
Novice

Post by graymalkin » 2 people like this post

I absolutely agree. I don't have time in my week to read all of the IT newsletters I get. 99% of them get deleted without being read. However, the only one I make time to read is Gostev's email, every Monday, without fail. Thanks, Gostev, keep it going! Thanks clintbergman for posting this, it is long overdue.
suntech
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: bob kahler

Post by suntech » 1 person likes this post

I appreciate the effort of Gostev writing these messages and the clarity with which he expresses the ideas and tech
tjurgens
Service Provider
Liked: 54 times
Full Name: Tyler Jurgens

Post by tjurgens » 1 person likes this post

I agree, I appreciate the candor and insight into the direction Veeam is taking. While I do not necessarily agree with some points you make (and sometimes even fundamentally disagree), it is helpful to understand the direction Veeam is taking and most importantly, the *reasons* you are taking those directions.

We don't always have to see eye to eye, but at least I know what Veeam's goals are and do my best to adjust our business to stay in sync.
Otago
Novice
Full Name: Adrian

Post by Otago » 1 person likes this post

Often find a few things in the newsletter. Really appreciate the heads-up for security related topics too.
theviking84
Expert
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: David Dunworthy

Post by theviking84 » 1 person likes this post

Yes what I've always thought to myself as someone else commented, there really isn't another company let alone backup software company that does things like this. I think Gostev and the crew at Veeam are simply some of the most brilliant people around and I fully believe in the company.

I've always been proud wherever I've worked to either implement Veeam in place of lesser solutions or improve the architecture of the current one and have always received high praises for having done so. Hope things keep on just as they do now for years to come!!
kennyb
Service Provider
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Ken Barhite

Post by kennyb » 6 people like this post

Gostev can never leave Veeam (unless he comes to work for my company). Every tech company needs a Gostev.
paul
Influencer
Liked: 19 times

Post by paul » 2 people like this post

^ this comment wins because it's true!!
ggillette-rcps
Novice
Full Name: Greg Gillette

Post by ggillette-rcps » 1 person likes this post

I get so much out of the weekly newsletters, for Veeam and beyond. Thank you, Gostev!
stgepopp
Influencer
Full Name: Erich Popp

Post by stgepopp » 1 person likes this post

Thank you very much for your efforts Anton to make me happy on monday morning. Your digest mail is the first i'm opening all mondays.

Please keep this.

Erich
tommy.oshea
Service Provider
Full Name: Tommy O'Shea

Post by tommy.oshea »

How would I be able to start receiving these digests?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm the happiest man on the planet this week!

Tommy, you start getting them automatically after registering on the forum... so if you don't, it means they are getting killed by your spam filter.
Digest subscription settings can be found here > ucp.php?i=-veeam-notify-ucp-notify_module&mode=settings
rellison
Novice
Full Name: Ryan Ellison

Post by rellison » 1 person likes this post

Anton, I've been a long time follower of your digest writings. Thank you so much for the time you invest into writing the digests and for the invaluable info! Keep it coming!