Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
knuter
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Knut R.

Total storage used pr job?

Post by knuter »

Hello,

Is there somewhere one can see the total storage used pr job? Preferably exportable to Excel showing all jobs.
The jobs view in Enterprise Manager would be perfect showing this info :) but maybe it's available somewhere else?

I know I can see backup size in the Backup & Replication console under Backup - Disk, but there it shows pr restore point and it would be too much work to summarize and click through each job.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Total storage used pr job?

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

It might be worth using Veeam ONE with pre-defined backup reports called Backup Growth and Capacity Planning; might be exactly what you’re looking for. Thanks.
knuter
Influencer

Post by knuter »

Okay, I'll download VeeamOne and give it a go with a trial license. Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Kindly, let us know how well it goes. Thanks.
knuter
Influencer

Post by knuter »

The Backup Billing report shows the information I'm looking for. Though several jobs are missing data, maybe it's still collecting...

Is it possible to access this data in another way? I'll explain what I'm trying to do.
We're a service provider with an intern webpage which shows information about our different customers, which VMs belong to them and such. I would like to import data from Veeam B&R to put into our webpage automatically. Each customer has an unique identifier so we can match the customer and the backup jobs.
No charge back is going to happen by itself. We include an amount of backupdata for free which covers 95% of our customers, but because of the remaining 5% we need to know how much data is in their backup and charge them manually for the surplus.
Repositories are shared among different customers, so I can't look at space used at the repository, I have to look at the jobs.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Jobs breakdown is also available in Veeam Backup Files Growth, and it doesn't require specifying any price for consumed GBs on the storage. Did you have a chance to take a look at this report?

Thank you!
knuter
Influencer

Post by knuter »

Thanks, had a look at the Backup Files Growth report now. It does contain info about the jobs that appear empty in the Backup Billing report. Though there's a lot of unnecessary information for what I'm looking for.

The Backup Job Historical Information is kinda the best fit so far for what I'm looking for, but still not perfect.
1) Backup Copy jobs are not included, I wish they were.
2) I really want just one line pr job, not one for each recovery point, just the latest one.

Any chance of a report like that appearing in the future?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, I will work on the report mockup for our dev team, thanks for the feedback!
knuter
Influencer

Post by knuter »

Great! Thanks :)