Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pronto
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Transfer Licenses to a new Server

Post by pronto »

Hi Community,

we get new backup hardware and have to move to the new server with the Veeam software. I would like to set up the backups again and won't use the possibility to import a configuration backup on the new server. This will enable me to get rid of some of the inherited burdens.

But how can I transfer the licenses of the source hosts (3x) and physical agents (5x) to the new server? Can I still access the old backups after the transfer?

Thx & Bye Tom
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Transfer Licenses to a new Server

Post by foggy »

Hi Tom, you just specify the license on the new host and start backing up. This doesn't prevent you from accessing previous backups.
proliferatingcache
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael N

Post by proliferatingcache »

Hello from the future. Feel free to export this inquiry to an appropriate thread - seeking clarification on backend/front-end experience transferring a license for a reseller? IPs are assigned by licenses, so can I generate real time concurrent credentials to 2 servers?

Thx & ciao for now,
-Mike
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Mike. As a matter of fact, there's no appropriate place on this community. As the caption explains, this is R&D forums and we have absolutely no idea about frontend/backend licensing processes. Those are handled by different teams at Veeam. I suggest you talk to your Veeam sales representative about this, as they would know for sure. Thanks!