Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
polikit
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Petr Mrázek

Two issues after upgrade to 9.5 3a

Post by polikit »

Hi everyone, I have a problem since upgrade Veeam to version 9.5 3a. I don't know, if it's caused by upgrade, but before upgrade I had no troubles.

1) On Windows Server (2003 SP2 - I know... :roll: ) with MSSQL I am getting this warning message:

Code: Select all

Unable to truncate Microsoft SQL Server transaction logs. Details: Failed to call RPC function 'Vss.TruncateSqlLogs': Error code: 0x80004005. Failed to invoke func [TruncateSqlLogs]: Unspecified error. Failed to process 'TruncateSQLLog' command. Failed to logon user [sb08\install]. Win32 error:Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. Code: 1385.f
2) On Linux Server (Debian 9) I am getting this warning message:

Code: Select all

Unable to find script file
The path to Pre-freeze script is /usr/sbin/pre-freeze-script, it's setuped in the job and the script is normally executed by Veeam and working (MySQL dump), but I am still getting this warning since upgrade.

Can anybody give me some tips? 8)
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Re: Two issues after upgrade to 9.5 3a

Post by nefes »

1) Please see this KB Article for solution.
JoshuaPostSAMC
Expert
Liked: 22 times

Post by JoshuaPostSAMC »

Had similar issues. The Hotfix in the KB is looking like it resolved it for me. Will know for sure after the weekend.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

For the second issue, please contact out technical support team. Thanks!
itrabbit
Influencer
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Matt Dunleavy

Post by itrabbit » 1 person likes this post

I think it is pretty poor for Veeam to release an update which changes core functionality. I have never seen Veeam do this before, maybe it is a sign.

They should re-release the package with the hot fix all ready installed.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6702 times

Post by Gostev » 2 people like this post

Actually, we're making changes to core functionality in every update, you just don't notice them. And most would argue it's a good thing that we're able to address change requests so quickly. For example, in this particular case, not requiring interactive logon rights for SQL Server processing was a big request from many security-sensitive customers.

What's indeed poor, is that this change was not handled in the standard Veeam way of introducing changes to core functionality, which involves transparent failover to the "legacy" way of doing things (something the hot fix brings). And this is a mistake of the particular developer rather than a sign of anything - he did not follow the standard process which mandates consulting with the product management on any behavior changes of the shipping functionality. And R&D management will now put some additional safeguards in place to prevent this from happening in the future.