BrianBuchanan
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Brian Buchanan

Unable to cast object of type Veeam.Backup.UI.HvBackupViewItem

Post by BrianBuchanan »

I have two Veeam servers and recently started getting this error

Veeam Backup and Replication
Unable to cast object of type 'Veeam.Backup.UI.HvBackupViewItem' to type 'Veeam.Backup.UI.CBackupParentViewItem'

It's happening after patching to V10 P2, although it might have started after I took some VeeamZip Backups?

I have support, I just didn't know where to start to describe the problem. I'm running two instances of the console on my desktop, each connecting to a different server. It only seems to happen on the console connected to Server 2. And I've been able to reproduce it running the console directly on Server 2.

It seems to start when I click on Backups, or any entry under Backups, Disk, Disk (Copy), Disk (Imported), Disk (VeeamZIP), Object Storage (Imported) External Repository. Sometimes I can click Ok and click onto a Job, but sometimes it gets stuck showing that error over and over again. and I can't even close the console.

Any suggestions? I can certainly open a support case with the above if it seems to be enough for them.

Thanks,

Brian
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Unable to cast object of type Veeam.Backup.UI.HvBackupViewItem

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Brian. Yes, you need to open a support case for this, and I don't see why the above information would not be enough for them? It looks like something is wrong with Server 2. Please include a support case ID for this issue here, otherwise this topic will eventually be removed by moderators. Thanks!
BrianBuchanan
Enthusiast

Post by BrianBuchanan »

Thanks for the reply. I've opened case #04272910.
BrianBuchanan
Enthusiast

Post by BrianBuchanan » 1 person likes this post

This might have been related to my other open case, #04263583 which is related to a backup copy job that was failing, with no actual failure messages. All the items succeeded, but the job itself was failing. I just "remove from configuration" the backup copy job and the pop-up message stopped appearing.