Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jrbaumann
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jeff Baumann

Unable to display BEM dashboard correctly from anywhere other than the Veeam server

Post by jrbaumann »

Not sure why this is happening, but if i try to open

https://veeammgmt.ourdomain.net:9443/in ... rd/lastday from our server it displays fine.

Same user, same url, different workstation, different browser i keep getting redirected to

https://veeammgmt.ourdomain.net:9443/index.aspx#!files (it always redirects to this url)

I only see a limited number of servers, not the 600+ servers i should be able to see. I thought it might be permission related, but my user account is set to Portal Administrator

Its causing our other users NOT to be able to restore, which means i have to restore the files.

Any ideas?

Veeam Case # 05147142
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Unable to display BEM dashboard correctly from anywhere other than the Veeam server

Post by PetrM »

Hi Jeff,

As far as I can see in our ticket tracking system, the request was created just a few hours ago. It would be better to wait for the results of troubleshooting from our support team than to seek for ideas on forum.

Thanks!
jrbaumann
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jeff Baumann

Re: Unable to display BEM dashboard correctly from anywhere other than the Veeam server

Post by jrbaumann »

I was just asking if anyone else had run into this issue.
PetrM
Veeam Software

Post by PetrM »

Hi Jeff,

Sure, it's absolutely fine to ask. I just wanted to point out that sometimes the suggestions based on "superficial" description of the issue could be irrelevant because different problems can have similar symptoms. Unfortunately, our ability to analyze technical issues over the forum posts is very limited. That's why I always recommend to leave troubleshooting to our support team.

Thanks!
solstan
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Stanley Ogundana

Post by solstan » 1 person likes this post

Hi Jeff,

I have been able to find a solution to this. find below:

Step 1: Create an account on the domain server with AD container access (this is only required for the SSO communication between AD and the Veeam user management engine)
Step 2: Open Veeam Enterprise server dashboard on the Veeam server
Step 3: go to Configuration > Settings > Directory Account
Step 4: Add the AD account created with it's password
Step 5: Save
Step 6: close the initial session opened on the other workstation and retry the login process.

Note: the domain account you are to logon with must be added either as a member of a group or direct user on the Veeam server Roles. go to Configuration > Settings > Roles > Add.

Regards!
PetrM
Veeam Software

Post by PetrM »

Hi Stanley and Welcome to Veeam R&D Forums!

We appreciate your willingness to share the solution with the Community, but sometimes a solution that worked in one case will not help to resolve another case. That's why we always advise opening a support case for any technical issue and confirming the ideas with our engineers.

Thanks!