Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
omegagx
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Mike G

Re: Update 3 - B&R Console freeze and lag

Post by omegagx »

When will this hotfix be available publicly?
foggy wrote:You still have to run U3 to apply the hotfix, so you can upgrade and contact them immediately if you have issues (or even set up a remote session to perform upgrade and apply the hotfix).
omegagx
Enthusiast

Post by omegagx »

Any updates on the public availability of the fix?
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 172 times
Full Name: Michael

Post by mcz »

I've created a new support ticket and got the fix very quickly, so you could do the same...
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Right, we do not typically publish the hotfixes, both for tracking purposes and to ensure you're experiencing the exact issue the hotfix is addressing.
omegagx
Enthusiast

Post by omegagx »

Is there a knowledge base article for this issue?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

No, as far as I know.
coolsport00
Veeam Legend
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Shane Williford

Post by coolsport00 »

FYI - this happened to me too. Contacting Support to get the hotfix. Ugh...

Shane
@coolsport00
Shane Williford
Systems Architect

Veeam Legend | Veeam Architect (VMCA) | VUG KC Leader
VMware VCAP/VCP | VMware vExpert 2011-22
Twitter: @coolsport00
Grant-NZ
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Grant Crowe

Post by Grant-NZ »

Support team has a hot fix. Anyone experiencing similar issue, reach veeam support team.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Grant, typically we do not share hot fixes publicly and prevent others from doing so. Thus, I've modified your answer, removing links and instructions.

The hot fix must be applied only after the known issue is confirmed by support team. It must be applied by support engineer in order to avoid negative consequences.

Thank you for understanding.
mcartwright
Service Provider

Post by mcartwright »

I am seeing this issue as well Case# [ID# 02687454] Console slow to response
I initially saw this thread and called support for the hot fix. Support did not know of any hotfix, rather suggested a KB article from 3 years ago.
https://www.veeam.com/kb1995. This post suggest it could be a time consuming effort. Not a lot of time to keep our backup server down.
What's the correct resolution? Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

You can refer support engineer to this thread or ask for the case escalation to get the hotfix (provided you're experiencing the same issue). Thanks.
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Post by tdewin »

When you open the case, you can also refer to case #02454438 posted by one of the users; he replied in this thread that he got the fix so should be easy for the support engineers to refer to
omegagx
Enthusiast

Post by omegagx »

Will there be a new KB article created on this issue to make customers aware and to decrease the support time? This should be documented.
foggy wrote:You can refer support engineer to this thread or ask for the case escalation to get the hotfix (provided you're experiencing the same issue). Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

I will check. Normally they do create KB articles for the most common support issues.
omegagx
Enthusiast

Post by omegagx »

Scenario 1:
Customer experiencing an issue with Veeam, such as the one above (B&R freeze). Customer searches the Veeam knowledge base looking for this issue. Customer doesn't find anything and calls support. Support says they don't know of this issue and sends customer on a wild goose chase (see what happened to mcartwright above). Customer posts on the forum and someone tells him to refer the support engineer to this thread. Customer calls support back and is finally provided with a hotfix a few days after starting to experience the issue.

Scenario 2.
Customer searches the knowledge base and finds the exact article describing the issue. KB article says to contact support to get hotfix #XYZ. Customer calls support, mentions the KB article and is provided with a hotfix after verifying the issue. Issue solved the same day.

I see scenario 1 occur over and over here instead of scenario 2. Here's another thread with an exact same scenario for a different issue. https://forums.veeam.com/post277367.html#p277367
Why not document the issues as they happen and make life easier for users?
Scream
Novice

Post by Scream »

It seems, I have the same problem with 9.5u3 recently. Case #03097589. But for me this rendered my server completely unusable, even a configuration backup job took between 3.5 hours and 10 hours.
For compliance purposes we keep session history for 3 years. Because the SQL script which was in the hotfix returned many failed lines, support changed started to do the workaround from the KB1995 instead. I was shocked when support started to delete the session history from my DB. This will cause some headache when we will have an audit again.
I don't understand how the hotfix could return error it was created for 9.5u3 (1536). This then caused problem in console too, for instance when I click on a running job it doesn't show the session details. If I double click on a running job or a job which completed I get the message:
"Failed to retrieve updated or changed rows from the table ReportSessionViewProc. Last USN: 0 Could not find stored procedure ‘ReportSessionViewProc’."
I believe this was caused by the SQL of the hotfix. At least now I can run backups, but unfortunately this is far from being a fully function Veeam Server. Tomorrow will continue with EMEA support...

Is there an ETA to get a fixed version of Veeam server released?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

You should install Update 3a, this has ReportSessionViewProc optimized.