Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
PariPari
Expert
Liked: 10 times

Update Notification XML

Post by PariPari »

Hey,

I have some customers where the update notification is not working.
All of these Servers have internet access and at least Veeam U2.

This is what the help center says:

To check for updates, Veeam Backup & Replication uses a special XML file located on the Veeam website. The XML file contains information about the most up-to-date product version and patches.

Is there any information how this xml file is named so i can check if the backup server can reach the specific address?

Any help is appreciated.

regards
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Update Notification XML

Post by foggy »

The file is named vbrupdate.vdf and is located in the %ProgramData%\Veeam\ folder.

How do you tell the update notifications do not work? Have you tried to use the Missing Updates button on the ribbon (available if you select Backup Infrastructure node and click the particular server)?
PariPari
Expert
Liked: 10 times

Post by PariPari »

The Check Update button is greyed out when I select the particular server and despite the hyper-V / Veeam server lacking some updates it isn't showing anything :-)

Which URL does the Veeam server contact to download the file?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

You can try to download it directly from http://dev.veeam.com/backup/vbrupdate.vdf, however I'd recommend to contact technical support for a closer look at why it does not happen automatically.