Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bhagen
Expert
Liked: 29 times

Update to 11.0.1.1261 "To proceed further reach support team..."

Post by bhagen »

SUGGESTION: Veeam, please either change the wording of this message, or instruct your support team to follow instructions.

When I updated to v11a on Oct 4, I got a pop up at the beginning of the upgrade saying:
"The selected database has references to failed over CDP replicas. To proceed further reach support team and let them clean the configuration database manually."
I proceeded with the upgrade anyway, but opened a ticket as instructed. Case #05061138, on Oct 5.

Support absolutely refuses to log in and "clean the configuration database manually". Instead, they gave me instructions on "Removing Replicas from Configuration" myself.

I had no idea that those two things mean the same thing. I certainly found nothing equating those things when I searched for that message online.

If those two things *are* the same, then fine; the ticket is now closed. But the pop up wording needs to be changed.

If they are *not* the same, then please have support get a hold of me and "clean the configuration database manually". Because I have no idea what that actually entails, nor how to do it. I don't know if there's something lurking in my db that's going to bite me sooner or later if that config db isn't manually cleaned. Because I'm not Veeam support.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Update to 11.0.1.1261 "To proceed further reach support team..."

Post by PetrM » 2 people like this post

Hello,

Not sure that "Remove from configuration" via GUI would address 100 % of possible issues, I assume there are some corner cases when manual update of database entries is required and this procedure can be carried out by our support team only. Basically, an action plan to resolve the issue should be at the discretion of our support engineers whatever it is: just a simple GUI click or T-SQL script. Anyway, thanks for your willingness to share the feedback, we'll think about possible improvements of the wording above.

Thanks!