Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bass_lure
Novice
Liked: never

Updating Server Components

Post by bass_lure »

Hi everyone, I have a question. It's not really a huge issue, just more of a convenience kind of thing. In Veeam Backup and Replication, under the top left menu there is a button to upgrade server components if there is an update available. It's great that Veeam lets me know when there's an update, however any backup jobs that backup to the repository stored on that server fail until the server is updated. This is an issue if I'm out of the office for a day or two and there ends up being over 20-30 backup jobs that keep failing, then all backup at once after the server's components get updated. Is there a way to automate the update process so I don't have to manually go in after backup jobs fail several times? Thank you.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Updating Server Components

Post by foggy »

Please check if the 'Update remote components automatically' check box is selected in the update setup wizard. In this case Veeam B&R should automatically update the product components running on remote servers.
bass_lure
Novice

Post by bass_lure »

Where can I find the update setup wizard?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Select Upgrade from the main Veeam B&R menu.
bass_lure
Novice

Post by bass_lure »

That option is greyed out and I do not see the box that you are referring to that says 'update remote components automatically'. I'm running version 9.5.0.1922, is that perhaps a previous version that doesn't have this functionality?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Sorry, I've confused the components upgrade and update setup wizards, this option is available in the update setup wizard when you install Veeam B&R update downloaded from our site. If it is enabled, Veeam B&R will trigger remote components upgrade automatically, after the update is installed.