Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cburtbcit
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Burt

Upgrade of Backup Enterprise Manager

Post by cburtbcit »

Greetings,

I've upgraded my primary Veeam backup server and it's associated proxies to version 9.0.0.1715, however, I'm confused as to whether or not I'm supposed to upgrade my Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager server. There does not appear to be an update file specific to this component, and the primary Veeam ISO, which I used to install BEM, makes reference to 9.0.0.9 rather than 9.0.0.1715. Has anyone had any success installing this component?

Thanks all!
DaveWatkins
Veteran
Liked: 97 times

Re: Upgrade of Backup Enterprise Manager

Post by DaveWatkins »

You're supposed to upgrade Enterprise Manager first, before any other component.

You simply run the update package that you use to update the other components as there is no specific update for EM, it's all in the same package.
cburtbcit
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Burt

Post by cburtbcit »

Hmmm...this seemed to install an awful lot of stuff when I ran it for my desktop (console only) install. Is there going to be a problem now?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

A bit confused here - were you trying to update Enterprise Manager or Veeam B&R Console?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

The upgrade procedure is mentioned in our release notes document, please review. If you're referring to installing updates, then we didn't have any updates for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager yet.
alanbolte
Veteran
Liked: 174 times
Full Name: Alan Bolte

Post by alanbolte »

After some internal discussion, the release notes KB has been updated to clarify that the update should also be installed on separate Enterprise Manager servers. Although there are no new features for Enterprise Manager, there are some minor fixes.
rmehta
Service Provider
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Rajeev Mehta

Post by rmehta »

As I understand, all I need to do is install the update on BEM; and it will automatically upgrade the VEEAM backup and replication server right? Or do I have to install it first on BEM and then on the VEEAM Backup and replication server. We use Backup and Replication server exclusive for offering Veeam Cloud connect.
alanbolte
Veteran
Liked: 174 times
Full Name: Alan Bolte

Post by alanbolte »

If these are separate servers, run the update on Enterprise Manager first, then each Backup and Replication server. If it's the same server, the update will be applied simultaneously.
rmehta
Service Provider
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Rajeev Mehta

Post by rmehta » 1 person likes this post

upgrade completed successfully..thanks all