Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
RPS
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Paul Suttill

Upgraded 9 to 9.5 and caused myself a problem... Help!

Post by RPS »

When I upgraded from 9 to 9.5 update 1, I carelessly was not paying to much attention when I selected the database instance so it ended up creating new clean databases on the wrong SQL instance.

So now I have my original databases with config and backup catalogs on the right SQL instance but not upgraded to 9.5u1, and I have empty new databases on the wrong SQL instance which my backup server now connects to.

So my question is how can I go about fixing this and either upgrading the old databases to 9.5 or somehow getting all the contents of the original databases info the new ones that were created?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Upgraded 9 to 9.5 and caused myself a problem... Help!

Post by Gostev »

Did you create the configuration backup as per our upgrade procedure? If yes, then you can just restore one to the new installation and you're done.

If you don't have the configuration backup, then it will take more time. First install version 9 with the new database, then upgrade it to whatever build you were using, then switch that installation to use your main configuration database, then perform the upgrade to 9.5 again - now correctly pointing the setup to the existing database.

If you need assistance with any of that, please don't hesitate to contact our support.
RPS
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Paul Suttill

Post by RPS » 1 person likes this post

Thanks Gostev,

I actually didn't realize how much info those config backups had. They are absolutely amazing. I do them daily and I happened to have one done an hour prior to my change. The restore worked perfect as you described.

Enterprise Manager is still not wanting to load up. So I am still working on figuring that part out aswell. Since I did the same with it also. This will just teach me for doing something on a whim on a Sunday morning while still tired!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Paul,

If you continue to have issues with Enterprise Manager, don't hesitate to log a support call and post the support ID and follow-up after that here.

Thanks
Mike