Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jimkeops
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Upgrading from 6.0 to 6.5

Post by jimkeops »

Hey guys,
I'm trying to upgrade to 6.5 but the process seems to work until it tries to uninstall the previous version, it's trying to use an installation package call BU_x64.msi which is not in the server, i also tried to find it in another veeam server i have, no luck :(
i already open a case with support but they told me to download the installer again which make no difference, i'm waiting for more info from support but i was wondering if anybody here have seen this before
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Upgrading from 6.0 to 6.5

Post by Gostev »

Have not heard about anything like that before...
jimkeops
Novice

Post by jimkeops » 1 person likes this post

i called support, we had to run microsoft cleanup tool in order to be able to uninstall the 6.0 version, weird stuff was the services remained running, we had to manually stop them and then do a fresh install which completed successfully.
hopefully my jobs will run fine tonight :)
thanks
mikkeland
Lurker
Full Name: Mikkel Andreasen

Post by mikkeland »

Just ran in to the same issue while upgrading from 6.1 to 6.5 - has this been resolved/experienced at Veeam or are we on our own?
jim: could you shed some light on what procedure you followed to get the install working?

/Mikkel
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

This behavior hasn't been spotted during our internal testing, so If need to get it working as soon as possible, please contact our support team for assistance.
mikkeland
Lurker
Full Name: Mikkel Andreasen

Post by mikkeland » 1 person likes this post

Got this resolved by 7zip extracting "veeam_backup_6.0.0.153_x64.exe" and pointing to the BU_x64.msi.
All services are started, and I'll a test backup job completed without issues.
So apparently my install, which started out as a 6.0 and was later updated to 6.1, still had som references to the 6.0 installer.

/Mikkel