Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
baber
Veteran
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Babak Seyedi nejad

use surebackup for specific vm

Post by baber »

i created a backup job that contain 10VMS now just there is one backup job that get backup from 10vms
now i want use surebackup i have created separate virtual lab for each VLAN but there is a problem when i create a surebackup job for separate vm it will check all of them
because i have to select my major backup job and if i create application group for each vlan it just check one vm in that job

see attach pic

eventually want use surebackup for check one vm in on backup job that contain multi VM

[img]
https://pasteboard.co/HCr0iPj.jpg
[/img]

i just want check bakswitch that highlight
MichaelCade
Veeam Software
Liked: 74 times
Full Name: Michael Cade

Re: use surebackup for specific vm

Post by MichaelCade »

Hi Babak, I am going to need to know a little information, the application group you have in the screenshot do these all require to speak to each other on the same network during the SureBackup verification?

I am not following the creating seperate virtual labs for each one if they do all communicate on one network?

You can create an application group containing just 1 VM from a backup file?
Regards,

Michael Cade
Global Technologist
Veeam Software
Email: Michael.Cade@Veeam.com
Twitter: @MichaelCade1
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

dear friend
this is my scenario

Imagine i have create a backup job that contain 10VMS
now i want check these vms via sureBackup
Since my vms are in different VLANS i have create separate Virtual labs for each VLANS finally i created 6 Virtual LABs
and did not create any Application groups because if i create application group for each vlan and use application group in surebackup job it can not run simultaneously vms in same time and if first vm fail won't go to the other job now what do i have to do ?

BR
MichaelCade
Veeam Software
Liked: 74 times
Full Name: Michael Cade

Post by MichaelCade »

I need to test this scenario.

if you have created your 6 Virtual Labs and then create an application group for each of the VMs that reside on those Virtual Labs then create a SureBackup Job for each of the Application Groups.

This does sound complexed though so would need to look at this when I get chance in the lab. The other alternative may be using distributed switches that are configured to handle all vLANs required if you vSphere licensing permits.
Regards,

Michael Cade
Global Technologist
Veeam Software
Email: Michael.Cade@Veeam.com
Twitter: @MichaelCade1
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

so thanks
but i have just one problem
for example if i have 5 vms in VLAN40 i will create a virtual lab for VLAN40 and also create an application group that will be select 5 vms
now when create surebackup just select application group and virtual lab and don't select link job now when i run surebackup job if during first vm checking for example scrip failed will not go to check for next vm and job will be finish or skip please see attach pic

[img]
https://pasteboard.co/HCvX7x9.jpg
[/img]

how can solve this problem?
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

and other question
why backup file validation not work separately for each vm it pending in queue till checking all other vms in the list finish
and show ""Waiting for all verification tasks to finish before starting backup file validation""
how can do force backup file validation separetly for each vm means after script checking finished do backup file validation and then go to next vm checking
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

Can anyone help me please ?
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Post by tdewin »

Hi,

It seems to me that you can just make a vlab with multiple isolated networks. Just select advanced networking here:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95

And then setup multiple networks here:

Then for every network, make sure to define an interface that will act as the gateway server