Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
paganoMonello
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: pagano monello

Using Veeam Backup Free Edition v9 for a task of mine

Post by paganoMonello »

Hi over there,
I'm a newbie about Veeam. I've been asked by my boss to plan a data recovery strategy, for our business data.

Our company consists of two offices: Office A and Office B. Inside Office A we have the data we want to backup using the Office B.

Now I try to expose the idea I would propose to my boss; after having asked for any suggestion from you there:

Inside the Office A I've got a huge data dumb (folder), stored on a server. The physical server has an hypevisor, and on that hypervisor I have Windows7 Server Edition installed.

Now: I want to install Veeam Backup Free Edition v9 client on this Windows Server.

In the Office B I configure the physical server (NAS) with an hypervisor and, over this hypervisor, I would to install FreeNAS OS.

I let you at the following link a pitiful drawing with the intent to clarify the idea I have:

[url]file:///Users/Cristiano/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202016-09-14%20at%2003.10.16.png[/url]

I am sorry for my poor explanation, and I do thank anyone who reads my post and, more, who will send my any suggestions.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Using Veeam Backup Free Edition v9 for a task of mine

Post by veremin »

You can install VB&R server on Windows 7 machine located in office A and backup VMs to NAS residing in Office B. However, you will have to make sure that office B NAS is reachable from backup server and backup service account has required permissions given to it. By the way, how are you going to configure target device? As a CIFS share? Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Using Veeam Backup Free Edition v9 for a task of mine

Post by foggy »

paganoMonello wrote:Inside the Office A I've got a huge data dumb (folder), stored on a server.
Is this the data you need to backup? Is this a physical server?