Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 180 times
Full Name: Michael

v12.1 suspicious flag just won't go away

Post by mcz »

Hi everyone,

had some few suspicious files on a particular vm and so I took a look at the Malware_Detection_logs folder. Excluded the files and now there is no log since the 12th. However, veeam still marks that vm as suspicious/infected, so I first thought that it removes that once the current full is clean as well, but in the properties of the vm there is still every restore point marked as suspicious, even the restore point of today which can't be the case.

Is this a (known) bug or is that per default? Do I need to trigger something manually for the flag to disappear?
Thanks!
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 180 times
Full Name: Michael

Re: v12.1 suspicious flag just won't go away

Post by mcz » 2 people like this post

Oh wow, in the meantime I asked the Veeam AI Assistant and this is its response:

"If your restore points are still marked as suspicious, you can manage their malware status in Veeam Backup & Replication. To mark machines as clean, you can right-click the machines in the Inventory view under the Malware Detection node and select "Mark as clean." If the detection was a false positive, you can also mark the affected restore points as clean. For specific restore points, you can manually change the malware status by navigating to the Backups node in the Home view, right-clicking the job name, and selecting Properties. For detailed steps, please refer to the Managing Malware Status section in the Veeam documentation: Managing Malware Status."

I just must say: This assistant is fantastic! Thanks very much veeam, what an awesome implementation!
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: v12.1 suspicious flag just won't go away

Post by Mildur »

Hello Michael

Yes, the AI assistant can provide a lot of good answers. :)
Thank you for the nice feedback. I will share it with the team.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software