Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 180 times
Full Name: Michael

v12 "Failed to create a long-term restore point" is warning when it should be error?

Post by mcz » 1 person likes this post

Dear PM's,

I'm running v12 since two weeks in production and since then CDP doesn't work as good as it did in v11. What I do get all the time is "Details: Failed to create a long-term restore point. Timeout expired: 5 minutes" - I'm already creating a ticket for that issue.

Now what I wannted to point out is that I've "only" received a warning from the job, but yesterday I realized that the CDP-replica itself is not usable as it's currently in the state "not ready"... So why only generating a warning when the replica isn't usable at all - it should be an error in such a case IMHO. If I can't use the replica, the whole job is quite useless in case of a desaster...

How do you think about it? Thanks!
mcz
Veeam Legend

Re: v12 "Failed to create a long-term restore point" is warning when it should be error?

Post by mcz »

Case #06072304
zhifa
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: zhifa liu

Re: v12 "Failed to create a long-term restore point" is warning when it should be error?

Post by zhifa »

I am facing the same problem. How did you solve it?
mcz
Veeam Legend

Post by mcz »

Hi Zhifa,

as far as I can reconstruct, we deleted the replicas from the configuration DB (context menu) and did let the cdp-job recreate everything from scratch. hope it helps...
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

zhifa wrote: Apr 01, 2024 3:35 am I am facing the same problem. How did you solve it?
I recommend reaching out to our support team for further investigation. While the errors may appear similar, it's important to consider that the root causes could be different.

Plus, this way we can involve the R&D team for additional assistance, if required.

Thanks!