Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Giacomo_N
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Giacomo

v7 Parallel VM processing

Post by Giacomo_N »

Hi guys, after upgrade to v7 i've enable the new feature for parallel vm and disk processing and i've consolidated the previously 4 jobs to only one with all Vm's.
If i check the report job i can see that only 4 vm's is processed at the same time, is it normal? I've try also to add another scsi controller, but nothing change..

Thanks in advance
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: v7 Parallel VM processing

Post by foggy »

Giacomo, please check the proxy server settings, most likely the max number of concurrent tasks that can be assigned to it is set to 4.
Giacomo_N
Enthusiast

Post by Giacomo_N »

Yes foggy it's true! During 6.5 version 4 tasks =4 jobs, now with v7 and parallel processing with task you mean the concurrent vm processed also inside 1 job..

Thank you!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Giacomo_N wrote:Yes foggy it's true! During 6.5 version 4 tasks =4 jobs, now with v7 and parallel processing with task you mean the concurrent vm processed also inside 1 job..
It is not even VM, it is a single VM disk, since with parallel processing enabled, VM disks are also processed concurrently.
Giacomo_N
Enthusiast

Post by Giacomo_N »

Thank you Alexander, this night i try with 8 process with 8 cores VM, tomorrow i want to try with 10 process always with 8 cores and then with 10 cores.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

Make sure the job's compression level is set to Optimal (new default in v7), as 1 core per task will be too much for higher compression levels.
Giacomo_N
Enthusiast

Post by Giacomo_N »

Gostev wrote:Make sure the job's compression level is set to Optimal (new default in v7), as 1 core per task will be too much for higher compression levels.
Thank you Anton,yes it's set to Optimal, i've check the performance monitor this morning an with 8 tasks/8 cores the VM was 10% of CPU, now i've set 12 concurrent task always with 8 cores :)