Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
readie
Expert
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Bob Eadie

V9 speed increase

Post by readie » 8 people like this post

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum (and/or not appropriate)!
I have at last done a detailed speed analysis before/after upgrading to V9 together with Scale-Out Repository (two extents) with Policy=Performance (put backups anywhere) and Per-VM chains. I was amazed at the figures.
Backup job is a Reverse Incremental of our production Windows servers and contains 16 VMs totalling 1.5TB. Figures are for duration of the backup job (in minutes). They are weekly average figures for each night of our working week - i.e. the first figure is for a week back in January, average nightly duration for the 5 overnight backups after working days, and ignoring w/e.
Before upgrades - 115, 151, 104, 171, 128 = overall average 134 (just over 2 hour) per night.
After - 22, 26, 27 = overall average 25 minutes per night.
That backup window is now only 18% of what it was. WOW!! Well done Veeam (and if you haven't yet taken the plunge . . . )
DISCLAIMER - of course my environment is only one, but nothing special about it I think.
Bob Eadie
Computer Manager at Bedford School, UK (since 1999).
Veeam user since 2009.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6715 times

Re: V9 speed increase

Post by Gostev »

Bob, this is fantastic! Looks like Scale-out Backup Repository lives up to its promise of vastly improved performance! Thanks to sharing this, always great to see real-world numbers indeed.