Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
lennis40
Expert
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Michael

VB&R Interface

Post by lennis40 »

Is there a local installation of the VB&R interface that we can use to manage the backup server from local workstations? A remote connection to the backup server each time something needs to be done, gets to be time consuming. Also, what permissions does a user need to run VB&R, local admin on the backup server? I didn't see a group specifically referencing Veeam in local users and groups. Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: VB&R Interface

Post by foggy »

lennis40 wrote:Is there a local installation of the VB&R interface that we can use to manage the backup server from local workstations? A remote connection to the backup server each time something needs to be done, gets to be time consuming.
Did you get a chance to look at Enterprise Manager?
lennis40 wrote:Also, what permissions does a user need to run VB&R, local admin on the backup server? I didn't see a group specifically referencing Veeam in local users and groups. Thanks.
Yes, Local Administrator permissions are required to start Veeam B&R console.
lennis40
Expert

Post by lennis40 »

Yes, we have Enterprise Manager installed. Sometimes working directly within the VB&R interface is more practical for me, so I thought I'd see if there was a way to install just the interface locally and tie in the backup server, similar to Veeam One Monitor. Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

There's no such thing as remote UI. Btw, what tasks do you typically need to perform that require you to connect to Veeam B&R server remotely?
lennis40
Expert

Post by lennis40 »

There's not anything in particular, I just like the overall layout of the UI better than Enterprise Manager. We are a cloud connect provider, and we have a deployment for our internal environment as well. These backup servers have different licenses, so I am unable to add them both the Enterprise Manager. Unless I'm missing something there. I have added them both, and overridden the license from Enterprise Manager on one of the backup servers, but the license always reverts, and my cloud connect backup server loses the cloud infrastructure piece. I would be nice if backup servers with different licensing could still be managed in enterprise manager. Also, I don't see my Hyper-V managed servers in Enterprise Manager.
lennis40
Expert

Post by lennis40 »

Also, with a simple deployment, it's not necessary to have enterprise manager, so connecting in to the backup server would then be necessary. I just think having a remote UI would be beneficial in certain scenarios.
lennis40
Expert

Post by lennis40 »

For that matter, even with an advanced deployment, enterprise manager isn't necessary. I was just curious about a remote UI, so I asked, not a huge issue, but seems like something that could be handy in many situations really.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Got your point, thanks for the feedback.

Regarding license override issues, I recommend contacting support to verify your configuration, this should work fine.