Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gdhgdh
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Gavin Hamill

VBR with VMware Cloud Hybrid Service

Post by gdhgdh »

Hey all,

I have a really simple question - will I be able use VBR7 on VMware's own Hybrid Cloud Service? If it's not possible now, is it on the roadmap?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6702 times

Re: VBR with VMware Cloud Hybrid Service

Post by Gostev »

We fully support vCloud Director and already have many vCloud service provider partners protecting their infrastructures with Veeam. In fact, the largest VMware service provider in Europe has been using Veeam exclusively for a while now, I had a meeting with them at VMworld 2013 in Barcelona.

As far as what VMware uses to protect VMs running in their own cloud, they will probably be forced to go with their parent company's solutions (EMC).
rogerdu
Expert
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Roger Dufour

Post by rogerdu »

Gostev wrote:... they will probably be forced to go with their parent company's solutions (EMC).
Too bad for them... it kinda sucks.
gdhgdh
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Gavin Hamill

Post by gdhgdh »

@Gostev:

Just to follow up, I spoke with one of the VMware Product Managers (as a follow up from my own visit to Barcelona last week) for their own 'Data Protection Advanced' product today. They are committed to being open on vCHS and allowing Veeam / PHDVirtual / Acronis, etc. to play.

However, you are totally on the money with EMC. VMware's 'VDP' product is designed to be used with EMC Avamar. Serious $$$.

BTW, the #veeamparty at Shoko was great - I was wearing one of the 'Red Hat' hats all night.

I don't have anything like case ID 12345678 - I can't include one as http://forums.veeam.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=755 wants! :(
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Gavin, case ID is only required if you're posting errors or experiencing technical issues with the product :)