Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
FECV
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Frederick Cooper V

Veeam 11 Azure and AWS Plugins Self Signed Certs

Post by FECV »

Upon upgrading from VBR v10 to v11, plugins/services were installed for Azure and AWS. This also opened ports on my VBR server and installed self signed certificates for use on these ports. There seems to be no way to use a custom certificate for these services. Am I correct here? Since I don't currently link to Azure or AWS I know I can disable the services, but I may connect to Azure at some point and want to know how to use custom certificates. I have already setup the custom certificate in the security tab of the VBR console, but I can't seem to find any options for the new plugins installed with the VBNR upgrade to v11.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam 11 Azure and AWS Plugins Self Signed Certs

Post by veremin »

No, you cannot change those certificates. The certificates used by backup appliance can be replaced, though. Thanks!
FECV
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Frederick Cooper V

Post by FECV »

Thanks for your quick response. I for one would love the option to be able to change them. I know there are two sides to to the coin on whether custom certificates or self signed certificates are more secure when being used internally. The self singed certificates are also 10 year certificates which is a bit long for my taste anyway. I will be uninstalling these plug in and will purchase a different software for my Azure backups.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Just for our understanding - is there something missing in Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure? Such feedback might help us to close missing gaps in the next product versions. Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Support for custom certificates, it seems ;)
ChrisRG
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by ChrisRG »

Having the same issue here, where vulnerability software have been picking up that the SSL server's certificate has invalid duration, mainly for Veeam AWS and for Microsoft Azure Plug-ins and i haven't been able to find a way to manually change those cert and apply a custom one.