Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Ace T
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Amit Panchal

Veeam 4 Restore Entire VM failure

Post by Ace T »

We have setup Veeam 4 in the last few weeks and its backing up fine but when we try to restore 1 VM using 'Restore entire VM' we get the error

RestoreDisk failes Client error: Declared and actual sizes of the disk (...........) are different. Declared size (20982689280), Actual size (20982688768) Cannot process (restoreDiskContent) command.

There is a bit more text after this but its failing when we try with SSH or without. We are still able to restore when we choose 'Restore VM files'

We are using a SAN and vStorage API.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam 4 Restore Entire VM failure

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Amit,

Could you please tell us what restore point do you choose while doing a Restore of entire VM and just a Restore of VM files? Was your last job session successfull? Also could you tell us whether your backups were made by 3.x version initially or with version 4.
Honestly, I'm not sure I can tell you exactly what is the cause of your issue without the logs, so please send us the job logs and veeamshell.log from Help->Support Information to support@veeam.com

Thank you
Ace T
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Amit Panchal

Re: Veeam 4 Restore Entire VM failure

Post by Ace T »

The jobs were all carried out in Veeam 4. We chose the 1st restore point as there was only one to start with for both actions. Last job was successful. I have emailed the logs to support.