Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
johnlong
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times

Re: Veeam 7 copy job

Post by johnlong »

kjc3303 wrote: Does anyone have ballpark figures on how much it will cost to upgrade to Veeam Enterprise Plus.

Cheers

Kev
My problem is I work off an annualized budget and no knowing about this last year during budget planning will cause me not to be able to take advantage of the discounts available now.

KJC if you get pricing can you please share. Thanks!
kjc3303
Expert
Liked: 24 times
Full Name: Kevin Clarke

Post by kjc3303 »

v.Eremin wrote:Relevant information regarding pricing can be found at the corresponding page or through direct contacts with your sales representative.

Thanks.
Thanks, web page doesn't show an upgrade path is there one?

If not looks like I will need to pay 2400 Euros for 6 sockets before 1 July and 9600 Euros after? :cry:

Obviously the latter is a big hit and as johnlong says budgets are usually planned on a yearly basis so not many people will be able to take advantage of the 75% discount

Kev
kjc3303
Expert

Post by kjc3303 »

johnlong wrote: My problem is I work off an annualized budget and no knowing about this last year during budget planning will cause me not to be able to take advantage of the discounts available now.

KJC if you get pricing can you please share. Thanks!
Will do, I've put a request in for pricing. Lets hope there's an upgrade path available and new licenses are not necessary :wink:
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev » 2 people like this post

kjc3303 wrote:Does anyone have ballpark figures on how much it will cost to upgrade to Veeam Enterprise Plus.
I have shared the feedback in this topic with the top management, and we are now discussing possibility of providing discounted upgrade for Veeam Essentials Enterprise customers, as well as some other options... stay tuned.
kjc3303
Expert

Post by kjc3303 »

Great news thanks Gostev
wonderboy
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: peter

Post by wonderboy »

I am also a little disappointed in the Essentials Plus licensing not including WAN acceleration, and I hope there will be a decent upgrade price for Veeam Essentials as well as Essentials Plus. I would normally sell the Essentials bundle, but Essentials Plus with WAN acceleration would have made me sell more of that! (We have a few SB customers with very small offices with a WAN link between sites, this would be ideal. In no way would I describe them as "enterprise" customers).

Really, with VMware not allowing us to sell the Essentials Bundle anymore (only Essentials Plus) we are really annoyed at the lack of options and increased cost for our customers. I'd say as far as an SMB goes, it will push them all the way to Hyper V, and as they expand that is *bad* for VMware. They will shortly become the new Novell. Sorry to digress.
kjc3303
Expert

Post by kjc3303 »

Ok got some initial prices for ball park figures, not sure if there will be a more generous offer to come as per Gostev's comments or if this is the discounted upgrade - have asked the question so will update accordingly.

Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise for VMware Upgrade from Veeam Essentials 3 x 2 socket bundle = £1200
Veeam Essentials Enterprise bundle for VMware Upgrade to Veeam Management Suite 3 x 2 socket bundle = £3k

if you want to keep Veeam One it's the 3k option
davida
Influencer
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: David Avice

Post by davida » 1 person likes this post

Just got a call from a Veeam representative.

He just told me that at first, Veeam wasn't planning on having an Essentials Enterprise Plus version but that it will now happen????

He told me that when V7 will be released, that i will be able to upgrade for free to Essentials Enterprise Plus without going to the Enterprise Version first. is that true?

Does it also mean that if i already have 3 years of Maintenance for Veeam Essentials Enterprise that i will automatically qualify for Veeam Essentials Enterprise "Plus" and not worry about paying anything for three years?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 2 people like this post

Yes, based on the feedback we received, it was decided to introduce Enterprise Plus edition of Veeam Essentials. Existing Veeam Essentials Enterprise customers (purchases before July, 1) will be entitled for free upgrade until November, 1. Claiming free upgrade will increase maintenance costs though (as those are calculated off MSRP).
kjc3303
Expert

Post by kjc3303 »

Hi Foggy great news, will the increased maintenance be at upgrade or renewal?

Kev
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Kevin, please contact your sales rep for details.
kjc3303
Expert

Post by kjc3303 » 2 people like this post

Thought I'd update,

I have had info from my reseller
Hi Kevin,

The support change will be done at renewal. So when renewal is due it will be at the new product level, so it will be more than your previous renewal
this along with the free upgrade announced by Foggy above is excellent news and will allow IT Departments to budget for increase in support contracts in good time.

I suppose the next question is what's the increase in support going to cost us - when the Essentials Enterprise plus product pricing is announced I guess we'll have a good idea.

Thanks for listening Veeam
johnlong
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times

Post by johnlong »

Much appreciated! :D
markfellows
Expert
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Mark Fellows

Post by markfellows » 2 people like this post

What an excellent example of a company listening to their customers. Well done Veeam!!
fvdkroon
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: F. vd Kroon

Post by fvdkroon »

Hi,

I have a question where I can't find an answer for (blog, forum, etc): how intelligent will the backup copy job feature be without having the WAN acceleration.

We want to use the backup copy job to get our back-ups offsite instead of having 2 back-jobs which will hit the source VM's 2 times.

Our onsite backup works with Incremental (without synthetic fulls) and weekly active fulls.

If we want to use the back-up copy job feature to get back-ups offsite (2 weeks retention) does it only have to copy a full back-up once to the remote site and then it is forever incremental? or does the back-up copy job weekly has to copy a full backup to to offsite location?

Thanks,

Freek
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Freek, backup copy job is forever incremental in the sense that new fulls are synthetically generated from existing backup files, no need to create and copy new fulls over the WAN.
chrisdearden
Veteran
Liked: 226 times
Full Name: Chris Dearden

Post by chrisdearden »

fvdkroon wrote:Hi,

I have a question where I can't find an answer for (blog, forum, etc): how intelligent will the backup copy job feature be without having the WAN acceleration.

We want to use the backup copy job to get our back-ups offsite instead of having 2 back-jobs which will hit the source VM's 2 times.

Our onsite backup works with Incremental (without synthetic fulls) and weekly active fulls.

If we want to use the back-up copy job feature to get back-ups offsite (2 weeks retention) does it only have to copy a full back-up once to the remote site and then it is forever incremental? or does the back-up copy job weekly has to copy a full backup to to offsite location?

Thanks,

Freek
Think of the copy job as a new backup , but instead of using the source VM's , it uses the orig. backup as the source. It will run in a FWD incremental pattern with synthetic fulls generated at the target side as part of a clean up or GFS point. The Wan acceleration process is independent of this.
Giacomo_N
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Giacomo

Post by Giacomo_N »

I hope the first one..