Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ChrisJ83
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Chris Johnson

Veeam 7 Enterprise and Exchange 2007

Post by ChrisJ83 »

Hi

As I have mentioned before I am new to Veeam and wanted to test my Exchange 2007 backups were working ok and I was able to restore granular items.

We are licensed for B&R Enterprise and I have read I need Exchange u-air for Exchange 2007, had a quick browse around the website and couldn't see this program available in the downloads section.

Does anybody know where I can get it from?

Should I have had this installed already or is the program solely for restoring items?

Whilst I am on the subject will I need a separate u-air for SQL? We use SQL Server 2008 R2.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers
Chris
ChrisJ83
Influencer

Re: Veeam 7 Enterprise and Exchange 2007

Post by ChrisJ83 »

Think I may have found the files I need within the AIR folder of the ISO I downloaded.

Do I just install and only use when attempting to restore? Does that go for AD, Exchange, SQL and Universal?

Cheers
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Chris,
Chris wrote:Do I just install and only use when attempting to restore? Does that go for AD, Exchange, SQL and Universal?
No, U-AIR does not require any special backups or additional tools. Yes, it works with AD, Exchange, SQL and Universal.
Chris wrote:We are licensed for B&R Enterprise and I have read I need Exchange u-air for Exchange 2007
U-AIR is a tool which offers application-specific wizard for Microsoft Exchange for item-level recovery.

Thank you
ChrisJ83
Influencer

Post by ChrisJ83 »

I have installed Backup & Replication I take it I need to uninstall that and install Backup Enterprise Manager?

Think I have just answered my own question Backup Enterprise Manager is in addition to B&R.

Cheers
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Chris,
You don`t need to uninstall Veeam Backup & Replication. Yes, Enterprise Manager is an optional component of VBR.
This educational video shows how it works. Thanks.