Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
fdizone
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Matthew Shull

Veeam AD account fails

Post by fdizone »

When I create my backup jobs and enable application-aware image processing, the user I created in AD for Veeam never works. I even added the user to the Domain Admins group, but to no avail. If I use the administrator account, the backup is successful. The error is:

Failed to prepare guest for hot backup. Error: Failed to connect to guest agent. Errors: 'Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [xx.xx.xx.xxx]. Account: [xxxxxxxx\xxxxx]. Win32 error:Access is denied. Code: 5 Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [ipV6 here]. Account: [xxxxxxxx\xxxxx]. Win32 error:The network path was not found. Code: 53 '
Error: Failed to connect to guest agent. Errors: 'Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [xx.xx.xx.xxx]. Account: [xxxxxxxx\xxxxx]. Win32 error:Access is denied. Code: 5 Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [ipV6 here]. Account: [xxxxxxxx\xxxxx]. Win32 error:The network path was not found. Code: 53 '
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam AD account fails

Post by veremin »

I’m wondering whether you can connect to the administrative share of this VM, using specified account. Thanks.
fdizone
Enthusiast

Post by fdizone »

v.Eremin wrote:I’m wondering whether you can connect to the administrative share of this VM, using specified account. Thanks.
This is correct. What is the correct action to fix that? I am getting mixed offers searching the web.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Matthew,

Please look through this existing topic with the same error message for a possible solution > Backup failing due to UAC?

Hope this helps!
fdizone
Enthusiast

Post by fdizone »

Thank you Vitality. I think for now I will just use the admin account.
southerus
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by southerus »

Though I am late comer to Veeam I was recently confronted with this same issue. The fix? Make sure File and Print Sharing is on within the Domain Admin or Local Admin (doesn't matter which one you use) account you are using within the correct network profile you are using (Domain, Public, etc). This solved my problem instantly.