Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pathfinder.scout76
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ravil

Veeam B&R 12 and StoreOnce device

Post by pathfinder.scout76 »

Hello.
I have a question about backup environment with StoreOnce device. Regarding User Guide for Microsoft Hyper-V "One HPE StoreOnce deduplicating storage appliance must be added to one backup server only.".

First. Does this mean that I cannot connect this device to more than one VBR? One VBR - First Catalyst Store, another VBR - Second Catalyst Store...

Second. It's not very clear to me - can I connect different Catalyst Stores from the same StoreOnce device as different Veeam Backup repositories? If so, can they be connected via the same gateway server?

PS.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Veeam B&R 12 and StoreOnce device

Post by Mildur »

Hi Ravil
First. Does this mean that I cannot connect this device to more than one VBR? One VBR - First Catalyst Store, another VBR - Second Catalyst Store...
My colleague is checking on that question because it came up in another topic today.
Second. It's not very clear to me - can I connect different Catalyst Stores from the same StoreOnce device as different Veeam Backup repositories? If so, can they be connected via the same gateway server?
Yes, of course. That gateway server should only be added to a single VBR server. Then you can create several Catalyst stores and connect them as different Veeam Backup Repositories to that backup server.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Ravil, the wording of this note should be corrected - it is intended to warn you that a Catalyst Store cannot be used as a repository by several Veeam B&R servers.
pathfinder.scout76
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ravil

Post by pathfinder.scout76 »

foggy, Mildur, thank you for answers.
I agree that the wording in the documentation should be somewhat more precise.

PS