Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Shawn_SEA
Lurker
Liked: never

Veeam B&R progress toward High DPI support?

Post by Shawn_SEA »

The question has been asked for a long time, I know, but I don't see much recent chatter. Is there any anticipated release timeframe for Veeam B&R with support for High DPI displays?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam B&R progress toward High DPI support?

Post by foggy »

Yes, we've done some improvements a couple of releases ago.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Shawn, why are you asking - do you have any issues? I personally have no issues with Update 4 with my non-standard DPI settings.
Shawn_SEA
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by Shawn_SEA »

We're using Update 3 (installed two days before Update 4 released.) The console on our backup server and my own computer are High DPI displays. (150%) I noticed while reading Veeam documentation that I wasn't seeing full text in some dialogs. I would read some radio buttons and find them vague, but support documentation would have a screenshot showing the truncated text.

I've fixed everything that broke in Update 3, and the release notes in Update 4 made me pause for deeper review. If High DPI is supported better I will certainly appreciate it. I want to be sure Update 4 isn't going to cause another round of issues before I upgrade.

Thank you for checking in. :-)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Ah, OK! I checked and I use 125% DPI. But yes, Update 4 should be better then Update 3, as the UI team keeps fixing more and more "bad" dialogs every release. Or at least they tell me so :wink:

Let me know your experience with Update 4 when you have a chance to install it. Although at this point, you may want to wait for Update 4a before upgrading, as it should be shipped before the end of this month.