Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dhlatitude2010
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David H

Veeam Backup and Fast SCP 3.0.1 Compatible With Vsphere 4.0?

Post by dhlatitude2010 »

Hello,

Can you tell me if it is possible to use Veeam Backup and Fast SCP v3.0.1 on vsphere 4.0 update 2?

Thanks
Alexey D.

Re: Veeam Backup and Fast SCP 3.0.1 Compatible With Vsphere

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello David,

Please clarify whether you mentioned Veeam Backup and Replication or the file management tool Veeam FastSCP tool?
dhlatitude2010
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David H

Post by dhlatitude2010 »

I just checked and the product is called "Veeam Backup and Fast SCP" showing a version number of 3.0.1

I'm guessing its an old product perhaps no longer available, just was curious to know if it would be capable of handling vsphere if i were to upgrade.

I grabbed this from the help file:

"Veeam Backup and FastSCP is a disaster recovery solution for VMware Infrastructure 3 that combines backup and replication, as well as the fastest file-level restore, in a single product. Enabling these options from one interface, it serves to solve the most critical problems of the VMware Infrastructure management by protecting mission-critical virtual machines from both hardware and software failure.
Veeam Backup 3.0 shares a common interface with Veeam FastSCP file management freeware, allowing you to manage backup, replication and file copying from a single point."
Alexey D.

Post by Alexey D. »

You need to upgrade Veeam Backup and Replication to the latest version (4.1.2) if you want to use it with vSphere 4.x. If you have active maintenance plan, the upgrade will be free of charge. Please contact your sales rep for more information and license file for version 4. Thanks!