Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
justincalistra
Novice
Liked: never

Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager - Job Summary Missing Machine Names?

Post by justincalistra »

I am making this post to see if anyone has figured out how to get Veeam's Backup Enterprise Manager's built in Job Summary to display the actual machine name? (under Configuration>Notifications>Job Summary) The options are very limited as it really only allows you to customize the subject line - the contents are all from a pre-canned template from what I can tell.

One would assume if each VM is listed below the job name, one by one, with details such as start time/endtime/transfer speed that the related name of the machine being backed up would be referenced but it's not. Not having the name column is the only thing preventing me from being able to disable the individual notifications spitting out from all of my Veeam B&R deployments and use this for a much nicer consolidated report. If you compare an email report from a B&R console it's almost identical but includes the "Name" of the VM in the very first column before "Status".

I am running VBEM 12.0.0.1420 P20230223. If this is resolved in a later patch - awesome, however the Veeam doc on this subject shows a similar view missing the name column Image

Thank you
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager - Job Summary Missing Machine Names?

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hello Justincalistra

This was a known issue in V12. An upgrade to v12.1 will fix the missing machine name.
I will ask our documentation team to update the screenshot in the user guide.
Thank you for reporting it to us.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
justincalistra
Novice

Post by justincalistra »

Thanks Fabian. I appreciate you confirming this. I'll be upgrading from 12>12.1 soon and will report back for others who may be running into this.
justincalistra
Novice

Post by justincalistra »

Reporting back in. I have upgraded to v12.1 and the name column has appeared in the consolidated reports. For anyone reading this thread who is on v12 and not v12.1 it is exactly as Fabian described - they fixed it in this later subrelease.

It would be nice if you could also cover the configuration backup jobs inside of VBEM too - maybe something that can be added in the future to where it's covered in that nice Job Summary email.

Thanks again,
Justin
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Justin

Thanks for the update. We also have updated the user guide article with a new screenshot:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120
It would be nice if you could also cover the configuration backup jobs inside of VBEM too - maybe something that can be added in the future to where it's covered in that nice Job Summary email.
Thanks for the request.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software