baber
Veteran
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Babak Seyedi nejad

veeam backup enterprise manager

Post by baber »

Hi .

i have a question

for example every month i get a backup from my virtual machine finally at the end of year i have 12 vm backup file . now i want search a file (log25.txt) in my backup files 1-how can i search that file in all of my backup

2- can i import or select all of my backup in veeam backup enterprise manager and search on that ?

3- i searched in veeam website but i could not find any trial version for download veeam backup enterprise manager can you get me link

thanks
baber
Veteran

Re: veeam backup enterprise manager

Post by baber »

so thanks

piece of my problem has been solved

i have installed veeam backup enterprise manager but now how can import backup veeam files in veeam backup enterprise manager for brows and search files?
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

in configure tab i have enter my veeam backup server info and it was ok and in other tabs such as vm , job , ... show info but in file tab when i want to browse my backup file it can not open and can not find any backup file how can i import my backup file in file tab and browse backup file ?

pleae help
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Baber,
baber wrote: now i want search a file (log25.txt) in my backup files
1-how can i search that file in all of my backup?
In order to search through all existing backup files using Enterprise Manager, you should have "Indexing" option enabled in the backup jobs. If you don't have it enabled, you can pick up the required restore point manually (via backup console) and start the FLR(file level recovery) process.

BTW, what B&R edition do you have? Please read FAQ/File Level Recovery and edition comparison for more information.
baber wrote:... how can import backup veeam files in veeam backup enterprise manager for brows and search files?
You don`t need to import backup files to the Enterprise Manager. You just need to add an existing backup server and start collecting data from the server. Please watch the corresponding video or read a user guide to learn how to work with the Enterprise Manager.

Thank you.