Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
atta
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Atta Kat

Veeam Backup Essentials vs Enterprise

Post by atta »

Hi,

I would like to know what is the key difference betwwen these two? Is it Item level recovery of SQL, Exchange and Active Directory or is there something else? We have few very small clients and essentials should be good for them, it guess? They have ca 5-6 users.

How to know if this should be good for them or should I take a look on Standard version? When I check licenses in our company I could see only standard and enterprise.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam Backup Essentials vs Enterprise

Post by veremin »

Hi, Atta,

You’ve, probably, mixed up two terms – one (Essentials) that is related to the number of sockets that can be covered with the license; the second one to actual product editions.

Essentials is just a bundle that covers up to 6 sockets and that is purchased in different product Editions (Standard, Enterprise, Enterprise Plus).

As to edition comparison, kindly, see this page. Thanks.
atta
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Atta Kat

Post by atta »

So that means that essentials have standard, enterprise and enterprise plus edition. But if we purchase essentials does that mean that we have to take Veeam ONE with Backup replication or we can use essentials without veeam one.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Veeam ONE is included with Veeam Backup Essentials.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Post by Gostev »

But of course you are free not to use one, if you don't want to ;) however, we highly recommend that you deploy and use Veeam ONE, at least for things like left over snapshots monitoring, and backup reporting... you don't have to use all of its vSphere and vCloud monitoring functionality if you don't want to. Thanks!