Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
richo
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time

Veeam backup installation

Post by richo »

Hi,
I'm setting up Veeam Backup and Replication (SP) for the first time with the view to offering (at some point in the future) it to some of our customers.

After installing Backup and Replication I', presented with the screen to "ADD SERVER"
At this point confusion set in as one of the options is to add "VMWARE VSHERE" (vcenter). I'm struggling with why this would be an option as (at in my mind) Veeam for a service provider shouldn't need to know about the local vcenter setup - but there must be a reason for it.

Can someone please explain in what scenario would Veeam need to be aware of the vCenter environment?

Thanks,
Richo
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam backup installation

Post by veremin »

You don't have to an access to tenant's local environment either to vCenter or standalone ESXi.

The window asks you to add at least one host at your side to proceed. What product version are you using by the way? I am wondering because I thought we do not show this window for CC enabled product.

Also,all Cloud Connect SP's issues and questions are discussed in dedicated SP's forum. This topic will be moved there for further discussion soon. So, kindly, apply to Cloud & Service Providers forum group to get access to the said forum section.

Thanks.