Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
KarlW
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Karl Wallenius

Veeam Backup Scheduling, and backup types

Post by KarlW »

Hello,

I've been reading the documents on this site regarding backup types and different approaches, but still I cannot really come to a conclusion on what would be best for our environment.

For a starters, we have quite many VMs, and our current Veeam enivornment can only cover about 30% of them due to the time it takes to perform a backup (We are running reversed incremental).

We might consider to not take backups every day of these servers. But, maybe to take backups on every server once a week.
For example to take Group 1 of VMs on Mondays, and Group 2 ov VMs on Tuesdays, etc. Just to narrow down the amount of Veeam servers and proxies that we have to use.

But to my knowledge there is no way to schedule a job on a weekly basis, or am I missing something?

To sum things up: Is there anyway to take weekly backups with Reversed Incremental, or should I look into any other method?
I know my question/post is quite fuzzy. But if someone is out there with a lot of experience I can fill in the blanks.

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam Backup Scheduling, and backup types

Post by foggy »

Karl, seems that you've missed the "on these days" option at the Schedule step of the job wizard (select "Daily at this time" and then "on these days" from the drop down list). Thanks.
KarlW
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Karl Wallenius

Re: Veeam Backup Scheduling, and backup types

Post by KarlW »

foggy wrote:Karl, seems that you've missed the "on these days" option at the Schedule step of the job wizard (select "Daily at this time" and then "on these days" from the drop down list). Thanks.
Oh thank you for the input. I am not a smart man.

This was quite embarassing.