Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
vespapair
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kanwadee b

Veeam Backup Temporary Snapshot Cannot remove

Post by vespapair »

Dear all
I have some problem about Veeam Backup Temporary Snapshot. I try to backup VM(Full Backup) but it's not successfully and show warning in below.
8/4/2560 7:16:08 :: Removing VM snapshot... (0% done) Details: The operation cannot be allowed at the current time because the virtual machine has a question pending:
'msg.hbacommon.outofspace:There is no more space for virtual disk /vmfs/volumes/VMXXXXXXX.vmdk. You might be able to continue this session by freeing disk space on the relevant volume, and clicking Retry. Click Cancel to terminate this session.'
I know the VM disk space is full, so, I was extend disk and try to remove Veeam Backup Temporary Snapshot but it was error in below.
Remove snapshot VMXXXXXXX The operation cannot be allowed at the current time because the virtual machine has a question pending: 'msg.hbacommon.outofspace: There is no more space for virtual disk /vmfs/volumes/xxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxx/VMXXXXXXX/VMXXXXXXX-000002.vmdk. You might be able to continue this session by freeing disk space on the relevant volume, and clicking Retry. Click Cancel to terminate this session.
I don't know what should remove this snapshot how to be my data and vm safe, Please suggest me the solution above. Thank you so much
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Veeam Backup Temporary Snapshot Cannot remove

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

First: Welcome to the forums!

Do you have a support call already? If not, please create one and post the support case ID here for further follow up

Thanks
Mike
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

I know the VM disk space is full, so, I was extend disk and try to remove Veeam Backup Temporary Snapshot but it was error in below.
What disk exactly did extend? An underlying vmfs volume, right?
I don't know what should remove this snapshot how to be my data and vm safe, Please suggest me the solution above. Thank you so much
If there is sufficient space on a datastore and snapshot in question cannot be removed, try to create a new snapshot via vSphere client and commit it afterwards.
vespapair
Novice

Post by vespapair »

Dear Mike
My case ID #02124208
Thank you :)
vespapair
Novice

Post by vespapair »

v.Eremin wrote: What disk exactly did extend? An underlying vmfs volume, right?
Yes.
v.Eremin wrote: If there is sufficient space on a datastore and snapshot in question cannot be removed, try to create a new snapshot via vSphere client and commit it afterwards.
Thank you Eremin. I try to removing snapshot without extend disk => My VM was consolidate. but next time (T..T It happens again). I extend disk before remove snapshot, It's work! (in 6.30 hours.....T..T)

However, I appreciate you very much for your answer. :D
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Got it, datastore lacking free space is typically the root cause of the described behaviour, indeed. Glad to hear that you're able to fix the problem