Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rubiriac
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Frederic Therrien

VEEAM CLOUD CONNECT MATRIX

Post by rubiriac »

hi there, we are checking out to offer services with veeam cloud connect to our client and i am searching the web for information about a matrix or something like that for what we need as power CPU/RAM to run that kind of service. Veeam is very performance consuming and to have something like 50-100 VM to backup every nigth i would like to have something like a chart to get a good server for the job.

Thx to you all !
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: VEEAM CLOUD CONNECT MATRIX

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Frederic and welcome to the forums,

There are too many factors have to be taken into consideration to make a unique performance diagram or matrix.
Overall performance depends on lots of things besides Backup(Proxy) Server productivity. It`s recommended to start discovering the slowest element with Bottleneck Analysis.

Talking about Cloud Connect, the slowest part is usually Network(WAN), for that reason Veeam has WAN accelerator which significantly speeds up data copying process.
Could you give more info about the user`s needs? Are they going to use Veeam B&R for backup and copying the backup files to a cloud?

Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: VEEAM CLOUD CONNECT MATRIX

Post by veremin »

Hi, Frederick,

Is your company a member of VCP program (membership in which costs you nothing)? I'm asking since we have a dedicated forum regarding Cloud Connect functionality, where different SPs can share their experience with you.

If so, just request an access to the said forum by applying to the corresponding user group.

Thanks.