Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
duncanwarrender1
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: duncan warrender

Veeam Cloud Connect - Pay Per VM

Post by duncanwarrender1 »

Hi Guys, this should be an easy one...

I am looking at using one of the providers on Veeams site (https://www.veeam.com/find-a-veeam-cloud-provider.html) for sending my VM's offsite.
I got some quotes back and the cheapest i got was £70 for 1TB of storage and 14 VMs.
Some companies provided me with a quote that details certain amounts for storage and then per VM, whilst others only quoted me for storage as they said that dont charge per VM.

so my question is, how can these companies that dont charge per VM be making money if companies that do charge per VM have told me that Veeam makes the providers pay per VM? or are these companies just trying to scare me away from the companies that dont charge per VM? Hopefully i have explained this well enough for you to understand.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam Cloud Connect - Pay Per VM

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Duncan, I believe they just include per VM price to the quote for cloud storage, that's it.
duncanwarrender1
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: duncan warrender

Post by duncanwarrender1 »

Thanks for the quick response!
that would make sense, but when i compare the other quotes the storage is roughly the same price.
Maybe they offer it a low price to get more customers, who knows.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Generally speaking, SPs are charged based on the number of tenants' VMs they protect. However, it's totally up to them how to charge their tenants.

Some find it more convenient to make their prices based on storage quota only, while others add to that number of VMs.

Thanks.
enoch
Service Provider
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Peter Enoch

Post by enoch »

I'm a SP and I know what the cost prices for CloudConnect licenses is. 70£ for 14 VM's is very cheap if it also includes 1TB data (maybe to cheap if you ask me)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

@Peter you are probably thinking base "no commit" price, but there are significant volume discounts.
chaldo38
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Don Mascall

Post by chaldo38 » 2 people like this post

We are a Veeam SP and used to quote storage, bandwidth and VMs separately, we have simplified out price model and now offer an all in cost per GB.

Our clients tend to have few VMs and average repository size of 2TB and manage to retain reasonable margin