Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mintyevertonian
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: fintan quinn

VEEAM Cloud Edition

Post by mintyevertonian »

Hi Guys,

If you have VEEAM deployed and are interested in cloud edition what are the options?

Install Cloud edition seprately or is there an add on option?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: VEEAM Cloud Edition

Post by veremin »

You'd better contact your sales representative, as CE has its separate license, as well as installation. Once required add-on is installed, you will be able to associate one with the other. Thanks.
RossFawcett
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Ross Fawcett

Post by RossFawcett » 1 person likes this post

What were you hoping to achieve using the cloud edition?

I've deployed it at a couple sites and have begun removing it. My main issues were around the lack of support for resuming an upload over basic FTP/SFTP and the way in which it managed retention.

We are now using a local cloud provider who directly supports Veeam storage copies which has given us far more control and significantly better offsite copies.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6722 times

Post by Gostev »

Ross, good idea and in fact this approach will work even better in v8 > http://go.veeam.com/v8-cloud-connect

Cloud Edition was really designed as a simple solution for very small environments and data sets, which is also why it lacks features you are interested in. Now, Cloud Connect on the other hand is built to deliver the complete Veeam backup repository experience in cloud at scale. In the user interface, cloud repositories appear and act just like your normal repositories, except that they sit at a Service Provider.
RossFawcett
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Ross Fawcett

Post by RossFawcett »

Yer I've seen the details about Cloud Connect and it looks like it will do what we need. Will be looking forward to trying it out once it is released. I believe our local cloud provider will also be supporting it and should make life a bit easier for both sides.

That said the storage copy jobs have been working really well.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Yes, as Anton's mentioned, once Cloud Connect is released, you will be able to point backup copy job to service provider's repositories, as if they were your local repositories. Thanks.