Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
david.buchanan
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: David

Veeam Community Forums Digest and early access to Update 2

Post by david.buchanan »

Hi All,

I'm posting this here because of the recent Veeam Community Forums Digest email that went out on Monday.

In this email it had the following:

This week, we're planning to release Update 2 for Veeam Backup & Replication 9.0. As usual, we will start from doing pilot deployments – our customer support will be contacting users with support cases open on the issues this update fixes. Barring any unexpected issues, we will make the update generally available in about 10 days. Main themes for this update is support for new platform support (for example CISCO HX, EMC Unity, vCloud Director 8.10), first wave of scalability enhancements (we've decided to backport a few isolated optimizations from 9.5) as well as bug fixes to address common support issues.

Wouldn't you know it that the following day I logged a ticket with Veeam support for a problem I'm having with a backup copy job in which I'm told that this is fixed in update 2. However until update 2 is released I need to apply the current work around which is to disable GFS on my copy job.

However, in our set-up the whole purpose of the copy job is for GFS only. We don't use copy job's to get data off-site as it's written directly off-site via high speed links. So in short, disabling GFS is pointless.

I've asked support if I can get a early copy of update 2 if it will fix out issue as per the Forum Digest email but I'm yet to here back.

Does anyone have any suggestions here? I don't want to demand update 2 simply because it's newer, I only want it if it will fix my issuie which it sounds like it will. The 2nd concern would be if I install update 2 would I still be supported as I'm technically running something which is not released (I assume I would be as it's coming from Veeam support).

My case number is 01862311.

Thanks,
David.
mkretzer
Veeam Legend
Liked: 388 times

Re: Veeam Community Forums Digest and early access to Update

Post by mkretzer »

Hi,

i got update 2 yesterday (but did not yet install)... Give them a day or so it took a day for us...

Markus
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam Community Forums Digest and early access to Update

Post by veremin »

We started distributing Update 2 pilot via support tickets yesterday. So, let's wait till your support engineer responds. Most likely, you will be provided with an Update 2. Thanks.