Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
AndyGDIT
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Andrew Frye

Veeam Enterprise Manager and AD accounts

Post by AndyGDIT »

I have several admins that access the Enterprise Manager, in which if they mistype their password for their AD credentials it will lock their account out after one time. These are all remote site users that are having this issue. I have tested it myself as I am local to the Enterprise Manager and it took 6 times before it locked my account out.

Not a real issue, just checking to see if anyone had see this in their environments before I open a ticket with support.

We're on 7.0 U3

Thanks

Andy
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam Enterprise Manager and AD accounts

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Andy,

What is your AD configured policy of locking the user account after entering the wrong password? Do you have any specific policies/rules for the remote user group by any chance?

BTW, does this also happen if they provide wrong user credentials when using RDP connection to any server?

Thanks!
AndyGDIT
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Andrew Frye

Post by AndyGDIT »

Hey Vitaliy

I spoke with someone that knows the lockout policy and it is 3 missed passwords and its locked. No specific rules for remote users.

We have another account that we use for administering servers (admin account) for which we use to RDP in to server. We do not use the same accounts for the enterprise manager. I am using our regular non administrator account for access into EM and this is what gets locked after one time with some of the users.

Andy
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Andy,

What does Windows Event logs say? Do you see three attempts with the wrong password provided?

Thanks!