Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dudure
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Regev

Veeam Enterprise Manager - DATABASE REPLICATION

Post by dudure »

Hi,
With VBR we backup our virtual environments in the organization, we have 6 separate sites that we back through VBR.
The problem is when I enter all sites to work with the Enterprise manager I get an error message:
Database Replication results in this Error: Can not insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.C.Backup.Model.GuestDatabase' with unique index 'PK_C.Backup.Model.GuestDatabase_id'. The duplicate key value is (xxx). The statement has been terminated

And therefore I can not manage the entire environment through the Enterprise Manager, it is important to note that the whole process of backup copy is backed up to the same server ( Scale-out repository) And therefore I can not manage the entire environment through the Enterprise Manager, it is important to note that the whole process of backup copy backs up to the same server and therefore the scale out is common to everyone
So in my opinion the problem exists.

Case # 2971272

David
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam Enterprise Manager - DATABASE REPLICATION

Post by foggy »

Hi David, indeed, this is a limitation, you cannot add backup servers to Enterprise Manager if they have the same servers added, this is mentioned in the user guide. In your case, the same repository is rescanned by several backup servers and same backup sets are then added into Enterprise Manager database, resulting in the observed behavior. If you want to avoid duplication, you can create several folders on the same storage devices and create separate repository for each of the backup servers.